The use of solar powered LED street lights has become an interesting topic of research as well as application in the commercial world. In today’s application, most of the common High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps, often High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lamps are being replaced by more low powered Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps.
A basic solar powered LED street light system component are:
- Solar Panel
- Lighting Fixture – LED lamp
- Rechargeable battery
The solar panel will provide electricity to charge the battery during day time. The battery’s charging is controlled by the charge controller. The operation on the LED lamp is regulated by a control circuit using sensors such Light Dependent Resistor (LDR). All these components are integrated in the solar street light system as shown in figure 1.
WHY SOLAR STREETLIGHT?
- Exceptionally Energy Efficient: Conventional solar powered streetlights and HIDs used presently donot have any intelligent scheme to optimize energy efficiency. The only energy efficient component is the use of LED lamps which is a low powered load compared to the HIDs and HPS lamps.
With our new integrated LED solar streetlight systems, an intelligent sensor is used to achieve high energy efficiency. Three levels of brightness is achieved, 50% with no human present, 75% at a 8m sensing range and 100% brightness at close interval.
- Electricity or wiring NOT needed: Our new integrated solar streetlight is a standalone, autonomoussystem that supply electricity without being connected to the utility grid. It is easy to install, with no cables needed as compared to grid connected streetlight. It’s therefore a perfect choice for remote areas without electricity or in places where wiring is not economical or practical.
- Economical and Convenient: Although the initial cost of the integrated streetlights is comparativelyhigher than the ordinary streetlights, it has a quick payback period due to the longer lifespan and very low maintenance cost. Also, because the system has no use for cables, it saves cost on installation and wiring. Compared with the traditional solar streetlights were battery, light and solar panels are installed separately, our new integrated solar streetlights are less expensive as everything is built-in.
- Environmental friendly: Also the systemexploits the possibility of sun’s energy available everywherewithout any bad emissions thus providing a clean energy and protecting the environment.
LED Brand: Philips SMD3030
Color Temperature: 3000K-6500K
Solar Panel Type: Mono-crystalline Silicon
Solar Panel Power: 18V/40W
Battery Type: Lithium Ion (LiCoMnNiO2)
Battery Capacity: 12.6V, 22AH
Charging Time: 6 Hours
Working Time: 12 hours per night, 3-5 days in cloudyor rainy days
Light Sensor: Support
Motion Sensor: Support
IP Rating: IP65 Waterproof
Installation caliber of hoop: 60-100mm
Installation Height:5-6 meters
Warranty: 3 Years
- Built-in Lithium battery, long lifetime (5-8 years).
- Charge controller uses of Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charging technology
- Use of SMD3030 Philips LED chips, high brightness, no flicker and low lumen depreciation.
- 12-14 hours working hours after full charging, 3-5 days during rainy days.
- Light, time and motion sensor control with a sensing range of 8-15m.
Has thick die-casting aluminum heat sink with good heat dissipation performance.
High Capacity Lithium BATTERY
Over 2000 times cyclic charge-discharge, over 3 years life span; good performance at high temperature resistance, eco-friendly.
overall protection (over-voltage, over-current, over-charge, over-discharge…); regulate output power intelligently and adopt to varying weather
High Efficiency Monocrystalline Solar Panel
more than 20% photoelectric conversion efficiency; snow/ wind load; 25-year progressive warranty
Philips smd 3030 Chip
Philips LED Chips, Life time over 100000 hours, High brightness and low light decay, aluminum lamp base excellent heat dissipation
Intelligence Radar Sensor
Sensing range, 8 – 15m automatically regulate the light source from full bright to dim mode according to the battery storage capacity, prolong the working time of the light.
Aluminum Frame Structure
Complete aluminum integrated die-casting structure, anticorrosion, IP65 protection grade and IK08 wind resistance rated, effectively isolating humidity, dust, heat invasion and strong load of wind.
Step 1: Lamp will be off automatically of solar charging during daytime.
Step 2: When the night comes. The lamp will be on automatically because of a brightness sensor inside.
Step 3: When someone comes near the lamp, it will be 100% brightness.
Step 4: When someone leaves away from the lamp more than 30s. It will be only 30% brightness to save the battery energy.
Step 5: It is also available for time control with time schedule and center control with GPRS.
Car parks, paths and laneways, private and public roads, Playgrounds, courtyards, Entrances, exits and muster areas, Outside storage areas, perimeter lighting, highways, major roads, avenues, gates, outdoor spaces and other applications that need high intensity lightening at night.